Monday, August 9, 2010

The new Pokemon Black and White

Pokemon had sure come a long way since its first release back in 1998 with Pokemon Red and Blue (which I still currently own) and with the new Pokemon Black and White set to be released in 2011, this would make a great blog topic.
Looking back over the years, Pokemon was a big part to us 90's kids along with Captain Planet, Beyblades, Georgie Pie and Lethal Weapon (before Mel started getting his period)
Pokemon has expanded from a simple gameboy game into a phenomenon where every kid can recognize Pikachu's face or to a similiar effect
I once spent an entire physics lesson at the back of the class

with my great friend Javed Khan (who is too cool for school) listing the original 151 pokemon IN NUMERICAL ORDER (kanto not national pokedex). How badass is that?
Starting at Bulbasaur but failed to complete the ones we missed out though which was Squirtle and co. then later pointed out by Jason Walls, a guy that know little about pokemon but defeated us at our own game. That is how Pokemon is so influential. It is simply recognized by almost everybody.
Also Javed and I have debated on if the expansion pack for Black and White is going to be Grey xD since Red and Blue had Yellow, Gold and Silver had Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire had Emerald and Pearl and Diamond had Platinum (Leaf Green and Fire Red seem to have missed out though)
Even to this day, I have access to all the games above via VisualBoy advance or No$GBA emulation or playing it on my GameBoy Color [WIN]
Javed gets an even better win for having a emulator on his phone. That's right! He can defeat the Elite Four whilst texting . . . maybe
Clockwise from yellow cartridge: Donkey Kong Land, Pokemon Blue, Kirby's Block Ball and Mario and Yoshi

Back to Pokemon Black and White. The new pokemon are getting more outrageous. They don't even look like pokemon anymore. Below are the legendary pokemon
Pokemon White
Pokemon Black

To me, they seem kinda alright but Gamefreak's main key demographic are young kids, they might find it kinda scary and so similiar to its predecessor Dialga and Palkia. Even the starter pokemons are a joke. A sea otter, a fire pig and a snake? Serious?
I think any games before the Nintendo DS were the best. Revamping them are also acceptable
But I guess everything changes, including pokemon. I sure miss the good ol' days
A special picture used to highlight how special Pokemon is to me ;D I would never be cool as the guy who did this first
Would you go out with me?

3 comments:

  1. so i would go out with any guy that did that for me. especially if they had charizard an arcanine, ninetails or any of the evie evoulations and a legendary bird. not a geek or anything at all... this is terina btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't think the b/w legendaries are as bad as palkia/dialga. btw you have them the other way around, the black one is white's legendary and the white one is black's legendary. Also for the first time EVER I think the grass starter is actually the best looking one. so looking forward to a change with that (srsly the sea otter.. wtf happened there) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. yeah! I'm too school for cool.
    Wait. Shit.
    Dude, I had the exact same gameboy! I'm pretty sure i've still got the list some where too.

    ReplyDelete