Friday, August 6, 2010

Top 25 Most Played

I'm gonna kick things off with what is currently most played on my iTunes and why they are there by counting down from
25. K'naan - Wavin' Flag (The Celebration Mix)
Why? It got mostly played during the FIFA World Cup since it was kinda the theme song the official theme song for FIFA went to Shakira's song "Waka waka " featuring Freshly Ground (in my opinion, is Freshly Ground even part of the song as only Shakira is only doing the vocals?) I also have several versions of this songs. The "Young Artists For Haiti" version [sidenote: LIGHTS IS AWESOME!] and the "K'naan featuring David Bisbal" version and even the "K'naan featuring Jasim" version. The "Jasim" or hindi version just replaces David Bisbal's spanish verses with hindi.
btw I was supporting Portugal which didn't make the finals T_T
24. Tal and Acacia - Garbage In
Why? The first lines of this songs starts like this
"Sitting alone now, thinking about things, going on inside of me" which is exactly what I'm doing hehe
The song has a christian theme but generally talks about having secrets and the cost of those secrets.
I like songs that makes you think. Moving on
23. Runner Runner - So Obvious
Why? I guess I just like the beat. Plus the video is pretty awesome.
22. Marianas Trench - Celebrity Status
Why? Sings about trying to get famous similiar to Andrea Feczko on youtube and her new channel.
21. Enrique Iglesias - Hero
Why? Our favourite Latin American Singer has a hell of a voice (very smexy) and hot ex-girlfriends eg. Sofia Vergera and JWH and most of his music videos has him making out with a chick. In this one, He's got Jennifer Love Hewitt. Her music career is not as well known as our boy Enrique but we probably just know her as "The Ghost Whisperer"
20. Dan Black featuring Kid Cudi - Symphonies
Why? A fairly recent but played tonnes was this song. The violins playings in the background gave it a distinctive sound. The video clip to this song is also very epic by using different genres of films to produce a mashup!
19. The Summer Set - Love In This Club
Why? Not only did I love the original Usher's "Love In This Club", this rock cover is incredible.
Ps. Jessica Bowen (the band's hottie) plays the drums
18. Snow Patrol - You Could Be Happy
Why? The xylophone! and hoping for the best for someone even though you are not with them.
17. Matisyahu - One Day
Why? This song is real deep. States the question "Why can't we just get along?"
Also I sang this song as part of a presentation commemorating International Peace Week 2010 earlier this year. Peace Week was pretty awesome with all the face painting, peace quote guessing, assembly presenting and the construction of my giant peace sign made out of wire and balloons. The week was made more interesting by the invitation of the Peace Foundation to the 2010 Mediator Symposium. It made my day!
16. Tom Frager - Lady Melody
Why? Who thinks french people has the sexiest accent? Well this song is in french and has like not really a reggae but a ska feel to it. It's a happy feel-good song =D
15. Diana Vickers - Once
Why? Also a fairly recent song that had been left on repeat. Not only does she look good but the song is very catchy. People say that her voice is very husky or nasly but I reckon it's her distinct style. Just like Michael Jackson had his own style, Diana has hers (RIP MJ)
14. Trey Songz - In Ya Phone
Why? R&B enters the competition. This song just repeats "put my number in ya phone" but also has the xylophone in the background again. I mentioned xylophone twice now. Did I have a xylophone as a child? No
Did I want one? Hell yes!
13. J-Co - Two Piece
Why? The underlying meaning of the song is about bikinis? A great R&B love song
It's also Alastair's song (him and his girlfriend's) so he plays it most the time
12. Kid Cudi - The Prayer
Why? It's not one of his other songs where all you hear is rap. It's completely the opposite.
Has a slow beat and has this lyric in it
"If I ever met you, I appreciate the love yo
Girls that I dated, it's okay, I'm not mad yo
Unless you stabbed me in the heart, no love ho"
WIN!
11. Matisyahu featuring Akon - One Day
Why? I don't really know why there's two songs of the same name both made the top 25 and I really don't know why this song beat the original. Does this mean I love the song twice as much? If you add the play counts from both songs, it'll trump the number one song.
I must like the one verse Akon does in the entire song *sarcasm
10. Down With Webster - Rich Girls
Why? Rich Girls got it made. Just ask daddy for money and probably has a fleet of Mercedes Benz S-classes in the garage but I feel sorry for the little dogs who live in handbags.
9. And Then There Were None - Hide And Seek
Why? A cover of Imogen Heap's song which Jason Derulo sampled in "Whatcha Say"
I LOVE COVERS!!
8. Selena Gomez - Naturally [Dave Aude Remix]
Why? First of all, Selena Gomez =D
Second, It's actually a good remix and something you can dance to
7. J-Co - Oh Yeah
Why? His second entry and the better of the two with no references to bikinis =P
Its a summer classic. Roll down the windows and pump up the stereo!!
6. B.o.B featuring Hayley Williams - Airplanes
Why? I had most of the play counts before the song went big. Now it's just just overplayed (if overplayed is a word) I also join that facebook group "Not making "Airplanes" lyrics as a status"
Still love B.o.B though and reckon the best song off "The Adventures of Bobby Ray" album is "Don't Let Fall"
5. Chiddy Bang - The Opposite Of Adults
Why? I love MGMT's "Kids" and when I heard this, I started to put it in every playlist I had. It's a good song to run to.
4. Tegan And Sera - Call It Off
Why? This song represent "The One That Got Away"
The overall acoustic guitar strumming kept this near the top of the list
3. Iyaz - Solo
Why? Iyaz trumps Sean Kingston ANY DAY. I think Sean Kingston accused Iyaz of stealing his style (I'm talking about styles again ><) Iyaz sounds cooler!
2. Lights - Lions!
Why? I'm in love this song atm. Memorised it off-by-heart. Plus She's a hottie. Can you believe this song is about WoW? IT"S SO DAMN CATCHY!! I'm such a fanboy for Lights
Now for number 1! Drumroll please
1. Marina And The Diamonds - I Am Not A Robot
Why? Had this song for ages and still remains the epitome of my Top 25 playlist
She has a unique voice and unique songs. Also, I have a pair of "OhNo" glasses which is frikkin awesome!!


As I was writing this blog, each song has increased in play count xD
Don't know if I could be writing a blog in a years time and be looking at a completely different list for the Top 25 Most Played

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment